The XP-357™ Pneumatic Blast IED Simulator produces a tuned shockwave and loud blast effect using compressed air or CO2 at 100–150 PSI. Unlike traditional pneumatic or CO2 powered IED simulators that rely on bursting discs or containers, the XP Series produces a tuned shockwave effect with no fragmentation hazard. Rapid repeat firings are possible with no need to “reload” the XP-357™ non-pyrotechnic IED simulator – simply refill and refire in a matter of seconds.
Additionally, the PULSE™ shockwave effect creates a unique tactile impulse or impact to create additional levels of training. The XP’s small size (roughly the same as a 1 liter water bottle) allows it to be concealed almost anywhere: under a workbench in an HME lab, beneath the seat of a vehicle, or even inside simulated IEDs themselves such as a pipe bomb, artillery shell housing, or fuel jug.
- Operated by Compressed Air or CO2 (100-150 PSI)
- Fill with Standard Tire Inflator Shrader Valve Attachment
- Simple 9-24 Volt DC Trigger Signal Operation
- 3.5” Diameter and 10” Long
- Safe Indoors or in Vehicles
- No Burst Discs to Reload – Just Refill and Refire in Seconds